Remember: Call 911 only for life-threatening or medical emergencies, crimes in progress or fires. To report all other concerns, please call (631) 264-0400! Should your child accidentally dial 911, please do not hang up the telephone. Your address and phone number will still comes through the Communications Center and a police officer will be dispatched to your home - even in the event of a hang up.
*** PLEASE NOTE: When dialing 911 from a cell phone, you will be connected with the Suffolk County Police Department! If you need to reach the Amityville Police Department, please dial (631) 264-0400 from your cell phone!***
When calling 911 in an emergency:
- Stay Calm
- Speak loudly and clearly
- Give your full name, address and phone number
- Explain where you are and where the problem is
- Follow all of the operator's instructions carefully
- Don't hang up until the operator tells you to!
When calling 911 from a cell phone:
- If you are driving a vehicle, PULL OVER AND STOP!
- Some cellular calls are still answered by the Suffolk County Police and then transferred to the appropriate dispatch center. This may result in a slight delay in connecting to the proper operator
- State clearly where you are: location, address, city or landmarks
- State who you are: your full name and the cell phone number you are calling from
- State the details of the emergency, including a description of the vehicle you are in and the people involved in the emergency
Click on Topic Heading Below for More Information!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR HOUSE NUMBER IS CLEARLY DISPLAYED OUTSIDE FOR EMERGENCY PERSONNEL!
Chief Dobby Advises Residents About Scams
With the economy struggling, the police are warning residents that crime tends to rise. As the weather gets warmer scam artists may attempt to seal your driveway, do roof repair and other assorted odd jobs. Remember if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you are going to have someone working in or around your home, please know something about them. Is the company licensed, insured and reputable? We always want to remember that the number one crime prevention measure is residents being alert to their surroundings and neighbors. If you see something that appears strange or out of the ordinary, call the Police. In most instances, we are only minutes away. In closing, please utilize our crime preventive measures which are on our website.
Amityville Village Police offer various services to village residents. Click here to learn more.